Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Storm

As I watched the thundering waves roll onto and over the empty beach.
The sky turned angry with heavy black clouds. Today the storm would hit.
God help all those lost at sea. Wind whipped around me pelting the wet sand
like diggers across my skin. The storms fury was fully upon us as the wise took 
shelter. I searched the waves as I had done every day since summer. The sea's power
always won and never gave back.

                        
she forever lost                 
gone with tide wind and black sea
nevermore to come
          

by Melanie Bishop
http://cassiopeiarisestwo.blogspot.com

 For: Haiku Heights


                   

8 comments:

  1. Searching the waves symbolises inner stormy agony! Powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent haiku and the sound of waves in the background too! ( I normally hate sound on sites, but this was a perfect accompaniment.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anthony, I trust you judgement.


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much thanks Judith. Alas my sound is broken but am glad you liked both.


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Much thanks Gemma. So glad you liked my poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all. Still find it hard to type. Forgive me.


    Melanie



    ReplyDelete